Add your essential oils based on issues. They might include, but are NOT limited to:
· Protective Blend - General immune system, mouth and gum health, teeth problems, halitosis, cold, flu, sore throat, virus.
· Oregano - Flu, Cold, Virus, sore throat, swollen glands, cold sores, herpes, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, antibiotic, anti viral.
· Clove - Mouth and Gum, analgesic, anti-biotic, and antiseptic.
· Frankincense - Analgesic, cold & flu, mouth surgery, mouth trauma, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory.
· Geranium - mouth and gum, throat, laryngitis, analgesic, antiseptic
· Grapefruit - Cleansing, detoxifying, anti-septic, antibacterial.
· Lemon - Cleansing, detoxifying, cold, sore throat, anti-septic.
· Lemongrass - herpes, halitosis,
· Melaleuca - Cold, flu, Immune system, braces irritation, Gum and mouth sores, Congestion, herpes, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial,, antiseptic.
· Myrrh - mouth, teeth and gum, cold & flu, tonsillitis, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, antiseptic.
Take the oils into the mouth but do not swallow it. Move the oil slowly in the mouth as rinsing or swishing and as Dr Karach puts it; "sip, suck and pull through the teeth" for fifteen to twenty minutes. This process thoroughly mixes the oils with saliva. Swishing activates the enzymes and the enzymes draw toxins out of the blood. The oil must not be swallowed, for it has become toxic. As the process continues, the oil gets thinner and white. It is then spit from the mouth, the oral cavity must be thoroughly rinsed and mouth must be washed thoroughly. Just use normal tap water and brush with Protective Blend.
This has in effect pulled toxins and poisons out through the mucous membranes of the mouth to be expelled. If you use virgin coconut oil, expel into the garbage, as it can solidify in the drain.
It is important to understand that during the oil-pulling/swishing process one's metabolism is intensified. Many feel this leads to improved health. For many, the most striking results of this process is the fastening of loose teeth, the healing of sores, the elimination of bleeding gums and the visible whitening of the teeth.
The oil pulling /swishing is done best before breakfast. To accelerate the healing process, it can be repeated three times a day, but it is always best before meals on an empty stomach.
Remember, do not swallow. The oil should be spat out.