Energy Healing Principles (A Work in Progress)In no particular order:
written by Nancy Hausauer
- All healing is self-healing. The “healer” just supports, amplifies, and possibly accelerates an individual’s own processes.
- Healing is more than just making an immediate physical or psychological symptom go away. It's more than just "curing."
- Health can best be defined as an ongoing, holistic process of evolution toward wholeness, balance, and harmony.
- Your physical body is based on your energy and emanates from it, not the other way around.
- Illness starts with disturbances in the energy field. If we can catch it that stage, we can often prevent the illness from lodging in the physical body.
- The body is not a machine. The body’s processes are not at their core physical, mechanical, or chemical. A living being is a field of energy, consciousness, and intelligence, and is capable of amazing healing and renewal. Transformation is always accessible.
- Consciousness occurs everywhere in the body, not simply in our brains. The physical body and mind are not separate. They are one thing, a body-mind. (Actually a body-mind-energy field, all of it energy.)
- Everything is connected. We are all part of a single energy field--a vast web of being. Separation from anything or anyone is basically an illusion.
- All aspects of a person are intimately connected, so the impact of a healing may show up in any aspect of a person--mind, body, emotions, or spirit.
- We are first and foremost energy beings (or spiritual beings, or light-beings, or cosmic beings). Each of us is an energy field, within a larger, universal energy field.
- We create, or at least heavily influence, our reality by where we place our attention. Therefore, it is important to place attention on health, not illness.
- Our particular reality—created at least in part by where we place our attention--can get ingrained or lodged in the dense energy of our bodies. Changing where we place our attention can significantly impact our health.